- Protect from sunlight to avoid fading and fabric deterioration
- Vacuum or brush lightly on a weekly basis to remove dust, dirt, and abrasives
- Rotate cushions on a weekly basis to reduce wear
- Fluff down cushions frequently as contents naturally settle and compress
- Avoid sunlight or heat sources to avoid fading or drying of leather
- Dust weekly with a soft cloth
- Clean and condition leather at least 4 times a year.
- Refer to manufacturer cleaning instructions or your gold program booklet for maintenance how-to's.
- Always test methods and products in a hidden area before using on the whole piece
- Do not use water on Nubuck (suede) leathers
- Avoid direct exposure to sunlight or heating outlets
- Do not place hot items directly on furniture
- Protect wood tops from ball point pens, use a writing pad to protect finish
- Chemical components in the rubber, plastic, nylon feet or contact points
- on your computer equipment, telephones, lamps or other desktop items can
- migrate into your lacquer finish, softening it and causing indentations and
- discoloration. To protect your furniture, please affix felt pads to the feet or contact points.
- Dust with a soft cloth
- Do not attempt to move a bed without removing the Mattresses and box spring
- Stress on the rails and legs can cause them to split or break the attachment hooks
- Rotate and turn monthly as specified on manufacturers hang tag
- Queen and king size Mattresses require a frame with a center support
- Always protect Mattresses by using a Mattresses pad. Mattresses manufacturers will not honor the warranty if the Mattresses is stained.
This protection plan offers protection against
accidental spills and stains.
Guardsman will provide one or more of the following:
* Guardsman may provide a cleaning kit or advice on how
to remove the stain.
* Guardsman may dispatch an authorized technician to remove the stain.
1. To file a service request:
Notify Guardsman within 5 days of the accident or occurrence at www.guardsman.com or by calling (800) 253-3957 for your claim to be considered valid.
2. Have a copy of your protection plan and your furniture sales receipt ready.