- Protect from sunlight to avoid fading and fabric deterioration
- Vacuum or brush lightly on a weekly basis to remove dust, dirt, and abrasives
- Rotate cushions on a weekly basis to reduce wear
- Fluff down cushions frequently as contents naturally settle and compress
- Avoid sunlight or heat sources to avoid fading or drying of leather
- Dust weekly with a soft cloth
- Clean and condition leather at least 4 times a year.
- Refer to manufacturer cleaning instructions or your gold program booklet for maintenance how-to's.
- Always test methods and products in a hidden area before using on the whole piece
- Do not use water on Nubuck (suede) leathers
- Avoid direct exposure to sunlight or heating outlets
- Do not place hot items directly on furniture
- Protect wood tops from ball point pens, use a writing pad to protect finish
- Chemical components in the rubber, plastic, nylon feet or contact points
- on your computer equipment, telephones, lamps or other desktop items can
- migrate into your lacquer finish, softening it and causing indentations and
- discoloration. To protect your furniture, please affix felt pads to the feet or contact points.
- Dust with a soft cloth
- Do not attempt to move a bed without removing the Mattresses and box spring
- Stress on the rails and legs can cause them to split or break the attachment hooks
- Rotate and turn monthly as specified on manufacturers hang tag
- Queen and king size Mattresses require a frame with a center support
- Always protect Mattresses by using a Mattresses pad. Mattresses manufacturers will not
- honor the warranty if the Mattresses is stained.
This protection plan offers protection against
accidental spills and stains.
Guardsman will provide one or more of the following:
* Guardsman may provide a cleaning kit or advice on how
to remove the stain.
* Guardsman may dispatch an authorized technician to remove the stain.
1. To file a service request:
Notify Guardsman within five 30 days of the accident or occurrence at www.guardsman.com or by calling (800) 253-3957 for your claim to be considered valid.
2. Have a copy of your protection plan and your furniture sales receipt ready.